Crowdsourcing the UNAIDS new strategy on HIV and young people
UNAIDS have launched CrowdOutAIDS.org to increase contributions from young people to the agency’s New Generation Leadership Strategy. CrowdOutAIDS.org is an online collaborative project set up by young people working at UNAIDS and across different networks.
UNAIDS are using a crowd sourcing approach to ensure fullest participation of young people in the development of this strategy, bearing in mind the core principles of meaningful youth engagement: inclusivity, transparency and accountability. Through the online wiki-like platform at crowdoutaids.org, young people have a unique opportunity to shape the NGL strategy. The process will conclude by mid-January 2012
To take part in the discussions and contribute to the development of the strategy click here or Read More.
In June 2011, world leaders committed to ambitious targets on AIDS for 2015. In order to effectively meet these commitments young people must be fully involved and take a leading role in the HIV response. If no action is taken, 3000 young people will continue to become infected with HIV every day and many of the 5 million young people living with HIV will not gain access to treatment, that they need and is their right.
Acknowledging the critical role young people need to play at all levels of the HIV response, UNAIDS are developing a New Generation Leadership (NGL) Strategy, which will allow them to:
- Integrate the principles of meaningful youth participation and youth leadership into the UNAIDS Secretariat’s work and methods.
- Take a lead in advocating for youth leaders to be included in decision making processes- and bodies and policy and programme design and implementation at national, regional and country level.
- Stimulate increased HIV awareness and increased mobilization of youth leadership by using new innovative methods of reaching out to and engaging with young people.
- Sign up on www.CrowdOutAIDS.org and become part of a global team of young people collaborating on the new strategy.
- Share this information with your friends and get them onboard and involved.
- Contribute to the strategy by taking part in the regional discussions moderated by young people in English, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic and Chinese.
- Organize an offline discussion with your peers.
- Write and edit the strategy live online with UNAIDS and young people around the world.
Find out more at www.CrowdOutAIDS.org and follow #CrowdOutAIDS on Twitter, or you can sign up directly for the regional discussions at:
- Middle East and North Africa (Arabic) http://ow.ly/75Ho3
- Africa (English) http://ow.ly/75Hoh
- Africa (French) http://ow.ly/75HoZ
- América Latina (Spanish) http://ow.ly/75Hou
- Asia and Pacific (English) http://ow.ly/75HoJ
- North America, Western & Central Europe (English) http://ow.ly/75HoR
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Russian): http://ow.ly/75Hpr
- China (Chinese) http://xiaozu.renren.com/xiaozu/248830